Monday, March 23, 2009

I ♥ faces No Flash Entry

Here is my entry for this week at I ♥ faces

I have a dirty little secret to admit, I suck at natural light since moving to a DSLR. I just can't seem to find the right combination that will give my photos the pop I want without a flash. So for this week's contest I dug deep into my archives to find some favorites from the point and shoot days of my early photography.

This weeks Kid's entry is my niece, Madison. I loved this photo when it was taken and with a couple extra new technology tweaks, I love it even more!


My sister will kill me for this next one, my adult entry, but I love it. It is one of the real pictures I have of her with a "real" smile. She is notorious for doing "fake" smiles when the camera is on her. This one is especially great, because she always lights up when her daughter is close.

10 comments:

Katheryn said...

I love both of the pictures. Especially the adult entry. It is dripping with love.

The Animator's Wife said...

Beautiful captures. I think a Mom can't help but shine and be real when their kids are nearby. Good job for catching it!

Katarina said...

Such great captures. Very nice.

Jo said...

Nice shots! The childs eyes draw me in! I love it!

Lindsay said...

The first shot makes me want to be a kid again! Hats and bows! Beautiful pictures!

Lara said...

They're both just beautiful. Very lovely shots!

Melissa said...

Both shots are awesome, and your sister should show her smile more often. It's gorgeous. :)

Anonymous said...

awwww...I think they are BOTH very nice shots! THe sister one is just really sweet though!

Carebear said...

Wow - Great entries for No Flash week! I love your use of natural light indoors! Both really lovely photos!

Mrs. McFadden said...

both pictures are fabulous! :0)