Monday, August 13, 2007

Telling the in-laws

ok, so we broke the news to R's family. It was really fun to share. The worst was waiting for my ever patient husband to actually share the news. I had to wait an excruciating 4 hours for him to finally get a break in the discussion to share it with others. Although I have to say his grandma had the best response with "well whoop de de" Of course it was said with all the excitement that an 89 yr old from South Dakota can possibly muster. Everyone was very happy with news. Grandma is even looking forward to more parties! Now that we have close friends and families out of the way we will just have to wait the long few more weeks until we can tell the rest of the world. I don't totally understand this waiting thing. I mean if something were to happen, then you would certainly need the support of others around you? right? I figured that I would tell those whom I would need support from and not tell those whom I would hate to "un-tell" Seems like a good cut off. My first Dr.'s appt is Sept 10, so that seems like a good mark to begin sharing the news. I'll be 8wks at that point and hopefully past some of the more scary early weeks. I have been feeling better this week but now my sickies have move to afternoon, along with an overwhelming tired feeling. Ugg. I am now 5wks along and the little pea will soon be an embryo!

No comments: