Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New little baby bliss

Today is the day I found out about you. I took a test on Monday, Nov 2 and it was negative or so I thought. Tuesday I was supposed to get my period, but no go. Since I was going out of town for work today, I figured I would try one more test to see if I could have a glass of wine with dinner. Nothing happened, no line. Funny though because as Patrick was tearing apart the bathroom and running all over the family room, I held on to that silly little test. I kept looking thinking something would change. And wouldn't you know a few minutes later it did. The faintest of little lines appeared. I really didn't believe it. Since I didn't want to say anything to daddy yet, I kept it to myself until he and Patrick left for work. After they left I wondered if I should take a digital test, just to be sure. Luckily I had a couple on hand! Watching the little hour glass seemed like forever. All of a sudden I saw it, spelled out for me. Pregnant. wow! really? after 4 months, I just wasn't sure this would happen. I couldn't wait to tell daddy but had to figure out how to tell him. I thought about getting Patrick from daycare and putting a big brother shirt on him, but then I saw the bunny. I figured the bunny could help me tell the story. Right before daddy came to pick me up and bring me to the airport, I put together a little slideshow of Patrick with the bunny holding the test in the end. Daddy didn't get it at first and it needed some explaining, but he was pretty excited once he figured it all out. Now I am sitting along in a hotel room, my first night away since first becoming a mother, thinking of doing it all over again.

No comments: