Patrick fell down a flight of stairs on Wednesday evening. It wasn't a large flight, only 6 steps, but I am still shaking just thinking about it. He has done great up and down the stairs for weeks now but has wanted to try going down like we do. Well, he was flirting with this idea the other night when I caught him and said "Stop, turn around"
My voice was enough to shake him off balance and down he went. It felt like he just bounced off each step as I stood screaming. I scooped him up immediately to check him over and then nurse him. He was moving everything and acting fine. Turns out he only has a small bruise on his cheek and nothing else!
Crazy, but so scary. So anyone have the Mother-of-the-year award that they want to hand over?
Playing in the park that fateful night before this all happened.
Patrick loves to push anything he can find. The stroller is a favorite of his. However, last night the garbage can did just fine as well.

Here is Patrick going down the slide all by himself. He thought it was really fun to do this until he realized he could stand up and run away from me instead of going down.

I try to comb Patricks hair after his bath. Now he takes the comb and wants to do it himself. So cute! Sorry for the bad picture, it is all I have so far of this.
Here is another picture of Patrick combing his own hair.

And a milestone that his friends mastered months ago... Patrick claps! finally! He will clap, but only when not prompted... figures.
1 comment:
Poor Patrick! Good thing our boys have hard heads ;) Yay on the clapping! That is a milestone for sure!
Post a Comment