So I am trying to be good about preparing for our lives completely changing. But how can you really prepare for something you have never done before? You can read a lot of books, talk to a lot of friends and read the internet constantly, but it never quite does the preparation any justice.
One tip I really thought was a great idea, was to prepare meals ahead of time so you could freeze them for when baby comes. Well, I've been sort of working on that. I have leftover Easter ham, a casserole and lasagne. Also some cookie dough (which may not make it to baby!).
Here comes the issue. I did my grocery shopping for those meals, prepared them, froze them and now our fridge is empty and I am to tired to cook. So, now I wonder. Is it better to eat them now or hold on to them for when baby comes? I don't have a lot of motivation or energy to cook now and I am still working, which makes it more difficult. When baby comes, I'll have my mom's help and perhaps the help of some generous cookers out there.
So much for a good idea! ;)
Other updates:
* I've started shorter days at work this past week and now am done by 3pm and home sleeping by 4. Kind of messes with my night sleep, but I sleep so soundly in the afternoon, I don't want to stop!
* I've had some nausea this week. Not unbearable, just uncomfortable.
* Hot flashes during contractions. These are most embarassing while in the middle of a conversation with a co-worker.
* The name ideas continue to come in. I thought we were set this past weekend but then last night, R decides that the girl idea sounds better for a second child then a 1st. Ugg. I don't even understand that! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment