Thursday, June 17, 2010

36 weeks

Had my 36 weeks appt today with the midwife. Baby is in a good head down position which is great to hear. It could flip again, but much less likely now. We went over some details of the birth and the facility.
IMG_900936 weeks
Compare with Patrick. Click here
Most folks know that we will be delivering this time in Wabasha, MN. Mayo was fine last time, but we want something different. Wabasha has 1 midwife whom we've had an opportunity to build a relationship with, they also have the option for a waterbirth. I know that sounds very crunchy, but I labored at home with Patrick in the tub, and it was much better than not having the water. I am hoping the water will be a nice option this time. Mayo is actually building tubs, but they won't be ready in time. So to Wabasha we go, it's about an hours drive, so we'll be leaving the house much earlier this time!

The midwife did an internal check on baby this time and found that I am dilated to 3cm today. This could mean I'll go a little early, but most likely means that my body is doing what it needs to do and I'll be that much closer when I do go into labor a month from now.

All good news. My body is working (had some crazy contractions for about 2 hours yesterday that were more painful than I remember this early with Patrick!) Baby is in a good position, heart rate is in the 160's, my BP is low.

The other night baby was moving around like crazy, all of a sudden I felt a foot right in my hand. It was crazy and made Ryan look and feel as well. The minute he put his hand on it, he jumped back a little freaked out. You could feel everything, the heel, the toes, it was really creepy and so very real!

Now to finish putting baby clothes away and probably back a bag soon that will be ready to go when baby is!

1 comment:

Anne said...

The final countdown is on! I can't believe it's getting so close. Exciting!!!