Yes, I do actually. I would watch tv for a full day and maybe even take a nap. I would stay up late and not worry about getting up the next day. I would enjoy a night out with a friend where we would stay up late, enjoying a beverage or two and laugh until our bellies hurt. I would sleep a full 8-9 hours.
Ok, I am missing that life tonight. *enter disclaimer about loving my boy with all my heart and loving his little smiles when he looks at me*
It is the annual Octoberfest tonight. Anne and Grant used to join Ryan and I each year (5 total I think) on this night to let loose and enjoy ourselves. We would talk with the vendors and score some really great stuff (ok, blow up beer bottles, and flashing necklaces) but it was cool to us. We would even leave work early to be the first in line.
This year, it will be Ryan and I laying on the floor staring at Patrick and enjoying his little giggles and tricks. Maybe enjoy dinner (or not if Patrick is awake) and probably end up in bed by 9.
Yes, a little different this year.
Thanks for all the really great memories, Anne and Grant. We can't wait to make more now with our boys!
2 comments:
Wow, that actually made my cry! I totally miss our good times while being grateful for our lives now. It's so fun to think back to our life of crime (running down 3rd Ave ring any bells?) and our life of, well, drinking a lot ;) At least we will have some fun stories to tell the kids someday right? So sad we missed OctoberFest, though, Waaaahh!!!!
I hear ya! I'm fat and amost 9 mo prego with baby #2! Went out with a few younger, and mostly single, co-workers after work this week and was exhausted!! I miss the days of staying out late and being care free! I love Kira and my soon-to-be daughter with all my heart but things definitely change once you have kids!
Post a Comment