Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Songs for Patrick

Ryan gets a real laugh out of the songs I sing to Mr. P. As my sister, Allison will tell you, I have never been good with lyrics. I used to sing "I think we're alone now" and for the phrase "Children Behave..." I sang "Susan B. Hale" Don't ask me why, just thought those were the real words. Well, I am not very good at children's songs either. Sometimes Ryan will find me putting Mr. P to bed with a nice little made up ditty. Other times Ryan and I will talk while singing the same tune while Mr. P falls asleep. Well, here are the basic lyrics from the song last night.

a pint for patrick

a pint for you

sleep dear patrick

a pint for you

guiness, or lienies, blue moon or sams

a pint for Patrick

a pint for you

catchy don't you think?? ;)


Ok, mom, I know it is about beer. But I couldn't think of anything and Pint and Patrick both started with "P".

He is most certainly doomed!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Poor Patrick...he might inherit his mama's, uh, GIFT for singing the wrong lyrics. There's still hope, Ryan, save him before it's too late!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you sing in tune! I make up new words and sing out of tune. I'll take his pint until he's 21.