Tuesday, September 4, 2007

30?

Yay! I am 30! I really didn't like 25, but 30 isn't too bad. I went home for the weekend. Had a nice visit with my sister's family, Grandma and mom and dad. Always good to go home. I let mom begin to share the news with friends. She picked church to announce it to the whole congregation. (Granted there are only 15 people that regularly worship, 22 for Sunday including a few visitors)

Mom and dad took me out for a birthday dinner. I have zero appetite so this included 2 dinner rolls, a shirly temple and chocolate cake. Amazing that baby doesn't like any food right now, but chocolate seems to be the favorite still.

I was actually not sick most of the weekend. I would certainly attribute this to low stress, lots of sleep and some good old fashion family love. Unfortunately this wasn't true on the last day that we had to drive home. I was sick from noon-10pm. Threw up at lunch (pb&j and pickles is not a good combination!) and then in the gas station and a couple times when I got home until I feel asleep. Ryan ended up on the bathroom floor with me surrounded by water, ginger ale, kleenex and the cat. What a guy!

My sister gave me some childbirth books. I realized that I am not ready to see those yet. The thought of it coming out is not the first priority for me right now. It is just getting back some strength and feeling better. I have lost 9lbs so far, so hope that I am on the tail end of this.

I have to say though that 30 is looking pretty good so far, so much to look forward to this year!

No comments: