Friday, September 7, 2007
1st Dr.'s visit
Ok, so my 1st appt isn't until Sept 21. This is fine, because I am healthy and I assume the baby is. But, I have to wonder what would happen if I were a crack smokin', beer drinkin', pot smoker? Would I still wait until I was almost 11 wks to recieve some valuable education? What if I didn't search endlessly online for how to take care of myself and baby? What if I thought I was pregnant but had no symptoms? Would I still be waiting? I am just concerned for all the other non-informed moms out there. This first 12wks is crucial given that all their little systems are forming. A little preventative care folks... ok, that is all the soap box I have left in me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree! A little prenatal education in the first trimester could go a long way for some people! For the rest of us "normal" folks, it's torture having to wait 12 whole weeks to make sure you have a viable baby and everything up to that point is normal!
Post a Comment