Friday, August 7, 2009

Bedtime with Baby

Last night we enjoyed a playdate with some friends. There was a tiny little 8lb baby named Tyler there. Patrick was very interested in baby Tyler. He wanted to touch his head (and poke his eyes) and be right next to him. He even pointed and said "baby" when he was in another person's arms. It was so sweet to see him around a baby.

After our playdate it was bathtime. Patrick has been really cute lately in the bath. He won't sit, but instead wants to fill his cup and then dump it on himself or try to drink it. He does this over and over until mommy is ready to have him out of the tub.


After our tub, I thought I would get out his baby doll to see if he had any interest in it. Patrick has had zero interest in any stuffed animal or baby doll up to this point. Last night was certainly different. Patrick crawled in my lap and wanted to hug baby, kiss baby and put baby to "nah night".


Then he took baby up in the chair and did the same on his own. He fell asleep with baby last night. This morning, he hopped out of our bed and ran into his room. He found baby in the crib and tried to pull him out. He cried when he couldn't get baby out, Daddy helped though and Patrick then carried baby all over the house this morning loving on him.


Just too sweet. I think he'll make a great big brother some day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww!! So sweet! So much fun to see you guys last night! Repeat soon!

The Heils said...

SUPER CUTE! Sorry I haven't posted a comment in a while. I really DO follow this blog!