Friday, April 3, 2009

I never went to med school

but yet I somehow need to figure out what is best for my son. So hard some days. Patrick got home last night from care with a 102 fever. After having a yucky cold for 2.5 weeks, cutting a tooth last week, having a similar fever a couple weeks ago and a trip to the dr. last week, I am wanting my boy to just feel better. By 8:00 his fever was up to 103.7. ugg. We opted for some meds to help him feel more comfortable. This was after he just laid on my lap moaning and sleeping on and off for a couple hours. An hour later he was back to himself again. He went to sleep well and did well most of the night. About 5am, he was warm again but not hot. Fever down to 101 by the time we all got up. Decided we should call the Dr. just to be safe and they recommended bringing him in to check things out. His left ear was a little red and his throat a little red but neither are bad and his fever is totally gone. He is back to feeling better, but now we are stuck with a prescription for antibiotics that I am not sure he really needs. Ugg. it is hard to play mom, dr., wife and make all the right decisions for my babe. I am just hoping his little immune system is just getting stronger from all this.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I know exactly how you feel! The good news is that you are doing everything right--and that's all you can do!!