Ok, I am scared to even write this out for fear that Mr. P will sense it and then revert back to the crazy sleep or lack of it. But, I think we have some progress. Here is how it all went down:
3 weeks of waking 10-12x's per night from 8pm-8am. This made for one really sleep deprived, crazy mama and one cranky daddy.
Here was a typical night:
8:00 nurse to bed in crib
8:30 crying, Ryan rocks down in crib (20min)
9:00 crying, Ryan rocks down in crib (20min)
10:00 crying, I nurse to sleep in crib or our bed (10min)
12:00 crying, I nurse or Ryan rocks in crib (20min-1hour)
4:00 crying, I nurse in bed (5min)
4:30 crying, I nurse in bed (5min)
5:00 crying, I nurse in bed (5min)
6:00 crying, I nurse in bed (15min)
7:00 wakes up smiling and cute in bed
Then we try something new. I sleep and DH does all the wakings.
7:15 nurse
7:30 bath
7:45 Ryan rock to sleep (20min)
8:45 crying, wait 5min before Ryan goes in to rock
9:10 really crying, Ryan comes downstairs frustrated and leave Mr. P in crib
9:15 crying, I go nurse him
9:30 crying, Ryan rocks back down (45min)
10:30 crying Ryan rocks
11:30 crying Ryan rocks
12:30 crying Ryan rocks
2:30 crying Ryan rocks and feeds
3:30 crying Ryan rocks
6:00 I get Mr. P and nurse (my boobs can't wait any longer!)
7:30 Mr. P wakes
Next night some progress:
9pm nurse/rock to sleep in crib (20min)
11:30 Ryan places hand on Mr. P in crib (5min)
1:30 Ryan rocks back down in crib (10min)
3:30 I get Mr. P and nurse back down in bed
5:00 nurse
6:00 nurse
7:00 nurse/wake up
And last night:
8:30 nurse
8:45 Ryan rocks to sleep (20min)
1:30 Ryan rocks back to sleep
5:30 nurse in bed
7:30 up, smiling, happy mama, happy papa, happy baby
Other subtle changes:
White noise in Mr. P's room, tight blanket while rocking/nursing, Ryan always gets him first if he wakes, we say "goodnight" to things/people/pets.
I am not going for 12 hours here, just some decent stretches of sleep. I think we are finally making some progress. I'm sure we'll have our tough nights, but I hope (cross my fingers) that the worst is behind us.
1 comment:
Sounds like some good progress!
Post a Comment