Friday, January 2, 2009

New steps

Ok, so Patrick figured out how to climb up a step yesterday. Ryan and I have been avoiding the whole gate issue because we just don't know where to start. We may need to face it head on now.

On another issue, I thought I might share my car seat fiasco. I have been wanting to get Patrick the next step car seat because I just can't lift the kid anymore. So at Thanksgiving, I said it was now or never. Well, I decided I could wait to see if Santa brought one for Christmas. Well, Santa did bring some money to purchase. So the day after Christmas I went to Walmart (knowing that Target and Babies-r-us had it, but those stores don't exist in SD) because I didn't want to make another 5 hour trip without it. Well, no luck. So stopped at a Target on the way home, they had it but the car was already full and we weren't going to install it in the parking lot. That night we get home and I am really wanting this new carseat, so I head out to Target. Ugg. closed. So over to Walmart. Nope, they don't have it. So next day I can shop, I go looking for it again. Target: sold out. Babies-r-us? sale starts the next day. So.. perhaps tomorrow we will finally find ourselves with a seat!!

update: 1-2-09 We're finally home with the Evenflo Triumph. Not a bad deal at Babies-R-Us with a few coupons only $110!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

What car seat are you planning to buy? I am going to buy a new one for our addition since our others are expired. I would like to know what you found and like.

WeAreAdopting at yahoo

Unknown said...

We decided on the Evenflo Triumph. Highest safety ratings and cheaper than a Britax. We got one at Babies r Us for about $110 after sale and coupons.

Dawn said...

I want this one www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-Convertible-Cappuccino/dp/B000YBM2V0/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I33KCPWU64HWYF&colid=3DJ6X6ZZC3GSP. It was $50 cheaper last week, but my husband wasn't ready to jump on it. ARGH!!!

Anne said...

You will really love not having to haul around the infant seat. We switched Miles to his big boy carseat at around 7 months and I have liked not having to deal with the infant carseat anymore. Nice. Good luck!

Dawn said...

As soon as our children could sit up on their own, I considered the switch. This way they could be in the carriages and in highchairs.