Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween

ok, it is poll time folks. I need comments from all the new/experienced moms out there.

What do you do with a baby for Halloween?? Everyone is talking about Halloween. What costume, all the cute pictures, etc?

Most people know this, but I am not a huge Halloween fan. I grew up in the country. On the farm there wasn't much to do for the holiday. We would go to Grandma's and take 1/2 her bag of Milky Way's. Then on to Aunt Evelyns for adult sized candy bars and that was about it. Typically the costume would be made that day and it wasn't much more than a rug thrown on my back to call me a sheep. Pathetic, I know.

So, now I have a son. His Grandma found a costume for him, so we at least have that. But now what? Do we go trick or treating for cereal, breastmilk and some pureed sweet potatoes? Most certainly you will see a picture of our little pumpkin in his costume, but past that? I think I need to find other babies to hang with. Anyone want to have a costume party for the babies? Sounds better than trick or treating for breastmilk! ;)


Enjoy your little pumpkin this month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your little baby party is the best idea. There is not really much you can do, unless you are hanging out with a mom that has kids who trick or treat. You always find a way to make it fun! You are creative like that!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I think we'll just hand out candy to others in the neighborhood. He can be the "cute baby house"!