Saturday, April 18, 2015

30 weeks

A lot has been going on lately. About a month ago we finally settled on the idea of having a home birth. So now begins every other week midwife appts, filling out journals, gathering supplies (well thanks to Laura for helping with that!) and all the fun that comes from turning your home into a birth setting.

This baby is a kicker. Night and day, moving, kicking and playing already. He is going to be active just like his big brother Patrick. No names for this kid yet. I keep asking Ryan when we may be able
to start deciding.. soon soon I hope!

I have been having a lot of uncomfortable feelings with this pregnancy. Braxton Hicks contractions are in full force. Sometimes too full. Over Easter I called the midwife because they were coming frequently over a 2 hour period of time. They weren't painful but they were intense. I remember them like this before but closer to 36-37 weeks, not 30! As much as I'd like an early baby, I don't want one this early!

Yesterday I was really tired, sore and experienced even more contractions. I ended up rescheduling a session because of it all. It is a tough balance between taking care of myself and making sure everything gets done that needs to get done. In the midst of trying to care for myself my dad goes into surgery for a ruptured ear drum, my brother Scott is diagnosed with Colon Cancer and undergoes surgery and mom was in surgery as well for a cornea transplant. Ugg... Stressful weeks indeed!

Luckily the weather has been gorgeous, my sessions have gone smoothly and the kids are loving the outdoors. They love to call my belly "fat baby belly" um.. thanks. ;)




 Easter 2015


Organizing baby clothes! 


Nursery in progress

No comments: