Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fun at Great Grandma's house

I finally have a minute to write about the last few whirlwind weeks.

Last week we traveled to Colorado for a friends wedding. We had an amazing time and it was so fun to be in a new place and exploring the world with Patrick. Upon our return I learned of the passing of my Grandma's sister Florance. Since this is the last remaining sister, I felt it important to try and be there for the funeral.

Unfortunately the funeral was on Tuesday (we returned Sunday) and we were scheduled to be out that way on Thursday. Monday morning I decided it was important enough that Patrick and I would travel Monday afternoon and return Tuesday evening. Upon arrive at work, my boss convinced me that taking the week off would be fine and better for the whole situation. So I left work and was on the road for a week in only an hour!

We arrived to greet a number of family members. Patrick instantly fell in love with the farm.

It was so fun to just let him run and explore everything without the worry of other people or traffic interfering.

We didn't spend a lot of time at the actual funeral (Patrick thought climbing on headstones was more fun, don't worry, I removed him and we played in the car instead!)
We finally got some pictures with Great Grandma Gladys after the funeral as I was hoping to do for a long time.

We also got a 4 generation picture, which amazingly turned out pretty well!

It was so fun to see Patrick enjoy the many things at Grandma's house that I enjoyed for years growing up, including this old baby buggy. He ran over a number of toes, but enjoyed pushing the old creaky buggy all over the house!

1 comment:

Jamie H said...

Your Grandma looks GREAT! Love the 4 generation picture!